Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Chad: Now in Sandwich Form

Now that I've got you all yelling, "I'll take one of those!!!" I have to disappoint you and tell you it's not exactly what you're imagining. Here's the story... I was having lunch at Brian's American Eatery in Hillcrest (God I hope this doesn't show up in the Google search for it) the other day and couldn't help but notice a certain item on the menu:


Yep, despite the fuzzy picture (I'd blame it on the camera phone, but it's totally just my lack of skills), you're seeing right - the fourth sandwich down is named not just any old Chad, but The Chad! I don't think anyone there is a NASCAR fan, but I couldn't help but smile when I saw the name. I thought about asking for a side of Jimmie, but I don't need any more awkward stares than I already get on a day-to-day basis. So anyway, there you go, Chad: if you and Jimmie ever get in a fight about who's cooler, you just ask Jimmie if he has a sandwich named after him.

Now, I have to admit, I'm kind of falling down on the job as a Chad fan because I have never tried The Chad (tee-hee...sorry, but there is a certain amount of wrongness in that statement that I just can't ignore). I love their tuna sandwich (listed as Jaws Jr., lol...at least they don't make you say stuff like "Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity" out loud) and their chicken and a waffle (yes, that's fried chicken...and a waffle...on the same plate) so much that every time I think, "Okay, THIS time I'm going to get The Chad," I cave in and get one of those (usually the tuna...gotta keep the fried stuff to a minimum) instead. I swear, next time I go there, I WILL try The Chad and report back on how it was.(*tries hard to suppress juvenile giggles, fails*...I am more and more relieved to hear he doesn't get on the Internet much.)

Oh, and in case you can't read it (sorry), here's the description:
"Golden chicken tenders, thin sliced ham and Swiss cheese on grilled thick sourdough. Served with a side of honey mustard dressing."
Doesn't sound too bad, does it? As long as the ham's good...

No comments:

Post a Comment