Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blast from the Past: Richmond and Atlanta

Slim pickins today, I'm afraid; there was only one pic from Richmond that I could find, so I'm combining it up with Atlanta - how's that?

Chevy Rock and Roll 400 at Richmond International Speedway, 9/12/09



Pep Boys Auto 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, 9/5/09

(I think these are all from practice)



(Hehe, I love this pic: "Jimmiiiiie...")


(Aww, there ya go, you got a smile out of him that time!)

While I'm here, I just wanted to say, as a patron of Auto Club Speedway, I'm incredibly happy to hear that the fall race is being shortened to 400 miles. I was already happy when they moved the race from summer to fall last year (because otherwise, I don't think I would've gone...way too hot), and now that it's going to be shorter, I think it'll be perfect. Also, since we're talking about race lengths, the Saturday night Phoenix race in spring is actually going to be extended to 500 miles, which will be cool - I love night races. (story at NASCAR.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment