Monday, October 12, 2009

Fontana Report (in other words, Hell Yeah!)

Well, in a nutshell, I had the time of my life at Auto Club Speedway! The race was super-exciting, I had great seats, the weather was perfect, and I GOT TO SEE JIMMIE WIN, AHHHH!!!! I can't tell you how stoked I am - I got to see my hometown boy (along with my favorite Illinoisan, hehe) win at our home track. There's nothing like it. He did some awesome burnouts & donuts all around the track, too - you rock, Jimmie! And MAJOR congrats to Chad and the pit crew... New tire guy? Eh, no big deal! We've got it covered!

And what a great race. I mean, I think we all knew in our hearts that Jimmie would come out on top, but Montoya was definitely giving him some trouble throughout the race, so I was biting my nails for a while there. I was sitting over by Turn 1, so I saw The Big One as they came down the front stretch and ended up right in front of me...ca-razy. I thought I was at Talladega for a while there instead of Fontana! And then that last restart...I knew Jimmie would do it, but Jeff was sure giving him a run for his money. I don't know how Chad does it week in and week out; I thought I was going to pop before the end!

I didn't see Chad, darn it (next time...I am so buying pit passes for Las Vegas), and I didn't get any decent pictures from the race (way too far away from the start/finish line), but I DID go see the 48 show car in Irvine on Friday, so I'll post some pics of it when I get a chance. Good times!

------

From AutoRacingDaily.com:
Post-Race Q&A with Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus & Rick Hendrick

No comments:

Post a Comment