Sunday, June 20, 2010

WIN AT INFINEON!!!

Jimmie, Chad, and the 48 team just won their first road course race ever today, namely the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA. Congratulations, guys! You can officially cross "Road Course Win" off your To Do list. Something tells me they won't be completely content unless they go for the double and get one at Watkins Glen, too, knowing how their minds work, hehe.

Well, I feel bad for Marcos Ambrose...I guess he knew the rule, so at least he wasn't caught completely unawares and didn't have it come as a nasty surprise, but it's kind of a bummer. I mean, I don't feel TOO bad since it played right into Jimmie's hands, but still, I think he deserved better than sixth. Oh well, that's racin'!

I just realized I haven't given a standings update all year, so now would be a good time to start: with their win today, the 48 moves up 4 spots into the No. 2 position in points. Harvick better be on the lookout! :Jaws music plays: We are getting closer and closer to Jimmeh Season with every race, after all.

Oh - Michigan pics are coming right up in a few minutes! Better late than never, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment