Thursday, February 4, 2010

48 Starting 16th in Shootout

Good news! JJ did not wreck in either practice today, which does in fact qualify as news in my mind, given the number of cars that did wreck. He was 6th in the first practice and then bumped it up to 4th in the second practice - lookin' good!

Tonight he pulled the 16th position out of the Bud bottle, which isn't so spectacular, but of course that will only last until the green flag flies! God, I'm SO relieved to be talking about racing again! WOOHOO!!

Edit: Just wanted to add that the drivers who did crash and have to go to back up cars do NOT have to go to the rear of the field. However, since Kevin Harvick was sick and didn't practice, he will have to go to the back of the field, so Jimmie's starting place is actually 14th, I think (per NASCAR.com).

Second edit: Can I just say that those ads on TV for the Legends cars REALLY makes me want to try it? Those are seriously the raddest looking things on four wheels, and compared to, say, a Nationwide car, they're downright inexpensive! Would anybody like to sponsor me, by any chance? I have the fastest stock Honda Civic in San Diego! Probably shouldn't have admitted that, hehe, but oh well, too late! Any takers? Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment