Sunday, April 25, 2010

Howdy

Uh, hi! It's been a while! Well, despite Jimmie wrecking and ending up 31st, I actually felt comforted by today's race after watching the Red Wings blow it 5-2 in what could have been a series-winning game. Now they're going to Game 7...hold me. And this is only the first round - eep! As bipolar-disorder-inducing as the Chase is, I have to say, it's got nothing on the multiple-heart-attacks-waiting-to-happen that are the NHL playoffs. I mean, I'm not saying that the Chase is boring; it was wide open until halfway through the thing when Jimmie won at Charlotte, and it was blasted back open after Texas, so I think it's doing its job. I'm just sayin', hockey is trying to kill me, hehe, which is part of the reason I haven't been on here so much. The other, more boring reason is I'm taking classes and working at a real job, so that kinda eats up my free time, too...not that other bloggers don't have those obligations. I mean, I will readily admit that I'm lazier than them, but I just thought you should know that I didn't suddenly stop watching NASCAR or lose my mind and join the barmy band of Johnson and/or Knaus haters.

Speaking of which, hey, for once we weren't the ones caught bending the rules! Congrats to MWR for ensuring yourselves a top nomination for the Smokey Yunick Award this November at the 4th annual Stewie Awards.

In other, Chad-related news (haaaallelujah!), Hendrick Motorsports is getting close to announcing a contract extension with crew chiefs Chad Knaus and Alan Gustafson. More on that at NASCAR.com. Most of the article talks about how Rick Hendrick doesn't know what's going to happen with Kasey Kahne in 2011, so scroll down toward the bottom for the actual Chad talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment