Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Contract Extension Is a Go

I'm so late to the party here, so as you probably already know, Chad just signed a contract extension with Hendrick Motorsports, and will be there through 2015.

Here's what he had to say about his future after that date:
"Five years from now, a lot of things can change in that time frame, you just don't know what's going to happen. … Crew chief years are like dog years, so I'm thinking I'm about 97 years old, so I don't think I can go much more after that." (Scene Daily)
 Well, that's kind of a bummer, but logical...the mental stress has got to be agonizing.  I mean, I freak out at my TV just watching the races, and I don't have to figure out whether to take take 2 or 4 tires, or what to do if the setup isn't right, or how to fix the dang thing if somebody mangles it up.  Hmm, I wonder if I could make it to Homestead in 2015?  It'd be great to be there and do something to show our appreciation for everything he's done.  Uh, but let's not talk about that right now; it's too much of a bummer...ask me again in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment